Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Hypergraphia

TranscriberEllie: Hypergraphia is a behavioral condition characterized by the intense desire to write. It is often associated with epilepsy. It is also the best way to describe the contents of the next notebook. I'm not going to transcribe it; I can't even make out large parts of it. I'm instead going to upload some pictures I took and try my best to decipher what I can.




It might be kind of weird, but I actually recognize a lot of the writing that's on this page. It's all song lyrics. The first part is "Seasons in the Sun"


Then it goes into "The Rake's Song"


And at the bottom is "Fatally Yours"...which really seems out of place with the other two songs here.






This phrase isn't from any of the songs on this page. It had me really confused until I saw the next couple of pages.


I don't know how well you can see it here, but there is writing on this page, too. I'm not entirely sure, but I think it says "Is this endless eating all there is to be" but that might just be because of the next page.





Now this I didn't recognize at first. It sounded familiar but I couldn't place it. So I googled it, and it's from a Raggedy Anne and Andy movie from the 1970's.

These pages were the easiest to make out in the notebook. A lot of the rest is writing on top of writing. I'll probably upload pictures of the rest of the notebook another time, but I want to try to focus on these pages for a little while. Maybe there's a reason the author left these as the most legible.

No comments:

Post a Comment